List of competition in the marine robotics field. If you want your activity to be listed here, please send a mail to one of the chairs.
- Since 2010 the competitions will be updated only on the Facebook group:
- 2009, October, Robotic Submarine Running Debian Wins International Competition. Message appeared in the News section of the Debian site.
- 2009, September, The Microtransat Challenge. No definate date or start location have been chosen for the 2009 transatlantic race. However the current intention is to start in September 2009 from South West Ireland. The finish line is between 10 degrees and 25 degrees North and 60 degrees West. Each team must select a target point on that line before the start of the race and reach within 50km of it in order to complete.
- 2009, July. Student Autonomous Underwater Competition - Europe (SAUC-E) 2009. Following the success of the previous Student Autonomous Underwater Challenges - Europe (SAUC-E), the planning for the 2009 event is well under way. SAUC-E challenges the next generation of engineers to design and build an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) and then perform realistic missions in the underwater environment. The event is designed to encourage young engineers and scientists to think about underwater technology and its future possibilities, as well as and fostering interest in innovation and technology, and encouraging careers in the field. Link to the BBC cover of the 2009 edition.
- 2008, September 29, The Microtransat Challenge. It is a transatlantic race of fully autonomous sailing boats. The race aims to stimulate the development of autonomous sailing boats through friendly competition. The transatlantic race will start between September 29th and October 5th 2008 from Viana do Castelo, Portugal. The finish line is between 10 degrees and 25 degrees North and 60 degrees West.
- 2008, August 7--9, AUVSI and ONR's 1st International Autonomous Surface Vehicle Competition. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, TRANSDEC Facility, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- 2008, July 29--August 3, AUVSI and ONR's 11th International Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Competition. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, TRANSDEC Facility, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- --- MATE (Marine Advanced Technology Education center) competitions. Pictures of the 2009 edition.