International Journal Papers
- Widely Scalable Mobile Underwater Sonar Technology: An Overview of the H2020 WiMUST, Marine Technology Society Journal, 50(4), 42-53, 2016
- Advanced ROV Autonomy for Efficient Remote Control in the DexROV Project, Marine Technology Society Journal, 50(4), 67-80, 2016
- RRS: Rapidly-Exploring Random Snakes a New Method for Mobile Robot Path Planning, Intelligent Autonomous Systems, 13, 291-305, 2016
- Set-based Tasks within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework: General Formulation, Frontiers in Robotics and AI, vol. 3, n., pp. 16, 2016
- Observer-based decentralized fault detection and isolation strategy for networked multirobot systems, IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, 23(4), 1465-1476, 2015>
- Robotic research: are we applying the scientific method?, Frontiers in Robotics and AI, vol. 2, n. 13, pp. 1–4, 2015
- Smart DER Control for Minimizing Power Losses in Distribution Feeders, Elsevier Journal of Electric Power System Research, vol. 109, pp. 71-79, 2014.
- Testing new reactive power control of DERs by real-time simulation, International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, De Gruyter Editor, ISSN (Online) 1553-779X, ISSN (Print) 2194-5756, DOI: 10.1515/ijeeps-2013-0130, pp. 1-9, February 2014.
- A smart device for islanding detection in distribution system operation, Elsevier Journal of Electric Power System Research, Special Issue on Smart Grids, 2014.
- A decentralized strategy for multi-robot sampling/patrolling: theory and experiments, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2014.
- Decentralized time-varying formation control for multi-robot systems, International Journal of Robotics Research, vol.33, n.7, pp. 1029–1043, 2014.
- An observability metric for underwater vehicle localization using range measurements, Sensors, vol. 13, n. 12, pp. 16191-16215, 2013.
- Decentralized Control of Distributed Generation for Voltage Profile Optimization in Smart Feeders, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 4, n.3, pp. 1586–1596, 2013.
- A decentralized controller-observer scheme for multi-agent weighted centroid tracking, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 58, n. 5, pp. 1310–1316, 2013.
- Design of decentralized robust controller for voltage regulation and stabilization of multimachine power systems, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, Editrice Springer-Verlag, vol. 11, n. 2, pp. 277–285, 2013.
- Interconnected dynamic systems: An overview on distributed control, IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 33, n. 1, pp. 76–88, 2013.
A Decentralized Architecture for Multi-Robot Systems Based on the
Null-Space-Behavioral Control with Application to Multi-Robot Border
Patrolling, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 71, n. 3-4, pp. 423-444, 2013.
- Cooperative caging and transport using autonomous aquatic surface vehicles, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, Special Issue on Marine Robotics Systems, 5(1)73-87, 2012.
- Nonlinear Control Design for Excitation Controller and Power System Stabilizer, Control Engineering Practice, 19(3)243-251, 2011.
- Constrained motion planning for open-chain industrial robots, Robotica, 29(3)403-420, 2010
Non-Iterative and effective procedure for simultaneous odometry and
camera calibration for a differential drive mobile robot based on the
singular value decomposition, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, 3(3)163-173 2010.
- The NSB control: a behavior-based approach for multi-robot systems, Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics, 1(1)48-56, 2010.
- The null-space based behavioral control for mobile robots with velocity actuator saturations, International Journal of Robotics Research, 29(10)1317-1337, 2010.
- The USC Center for Integrated Networked Aquatic PlatformS (CINAPS): Observing and monitoring the Southern California bight, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Special Issue on Marine Robotic Systems, 17(1)20-30, 2010.
- Flocking for Multi-Robot Systems via the Null-Space-based Behavioral Control, Swarm Intelligence, 4(1)37-56, 2010.
- Excitation control design based on nonlinearities compensation technique for voltage regulation in power systems, International Journal of Modelling Identification and Control , Inderscience Ltd., UK, 6(1)1-9,2009.
- Stability Analysis for Prioritized Closed-Loop Inverse Kinematic Algorithms for Redundant Robotic Systems, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 25,1173–1182, 2009.
- Introduction to the Focused Section on Mechatronics in Multi Robot Systems, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 14(2)133-140, 2009.
- Experiments of Formation Control with Multi-Robot Systems using the Null-Space-Based Behavioral Control, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 17(5)1173-1182, 2009.
- Adaptive voltage regulator design for synchronous
generator, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 23(3)946-956, 2008.
- The Entrapment/Escorting Mission: An Experimental Study Using a Multirobot System, IEEE
Robotics and Automation Magazine (RAM). Special Issues on Design,
Control, and Applications of Real-World Multi-Robot Systems,
15(1)22-29, March, 2008.
- Linear Estimation of the Physical Odometric Parameters for Differential-Drive Mobile Robots, Autonomous Robots, 23(1)59-68, 2007.
- On the use of adaptive/integral actions for 6-degrees-of-freedom control of autonomous underwater vehicles, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 32(2)300-312, 2007.
- SmartMove4: An Industrial Implementation of Trajectory Planning for Robots, IEEE Journal of Industrial Robots, 34(3)217-224, 2007.
- The Null-Space-Based Behavioral Control for Autonomous Robotic Systems, International Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, 1(1)27-39, 2008. /span>
- Kinematic Control of Platoons of Autonomous Vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 22(6)1285-1292 , 2006.
- Introduction to the Focused Section on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 11(4)369-371, 2006.
- A Fuzzy-Logic Based Approach for Mobile Robot Path Tracking, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 5(2)211-221, 2007.
- Coordinated control of mobile antennas for ad-hoc networks, International
Journal of Modelling Identification and Control Special/Inaugural issue
on Intelligent Robot Systems, 1(1)63-71, 2006.
systematic calibration method for odometry of mobile robots based on
the least-squares technique: theory and experimental validation, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 21(5)994-1004, 2005.
- Adaptive tracking control of underwater vehicle-manipulator systems based on the virtual decomposition approach, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 20(3)594-602, 2004.
- Self-tuning regulator design for nodal voltage waveform control in electrical power systems, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 11(2)258-266, 2003.
- A novel adaptive control law for underwater vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 11(2)221-232, 2003.
- Fuzzy redundancy resolution and motion coordination for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 11(1)109-120, 2003.
- A fuzzy approach to redundancy resolution for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems, Control Engineering Practice, 11(4)445-452, 2003.
- A new on-line algorithm for inverse kinematics of robot manipulators ensuring path tracking capability under joint limits, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 19(1)162-167, 2003.
- Fault Accommodating Thruster Force Allocation of an AUV Considering Thruster Redundancy and Saturation, IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, 18(2):223-233, April 2002.
- The use of real-world computer models for computer-aided design of tracking control schemes for induction motors, Mathematical and Computer Modeling of Dynamical Systems, 8(2)213-233, 2002.
- Bandwidth vs. gains design of H* speed tracking controllers for current-fed induction motors, Automatica, 38(9)1575-1581, 2002.
- Design of H* position tracking controllers for current-fed induction motors used in articulated mechanical loads, Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 124, pp.485-491, 2002.
- Explicit force control for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems, Robotica, 20(3)251-260, 2002.
- A fuzzy approach to redundancy resolution for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems, Control Engineering Practice, 10(6/7), 2002.
- External force control for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 17(6)931-938, 2001.
- Adaptive control of an autonomous underwater vehicle: Experimental results on ODIN, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 9(5)756-765, 2001.
- Real-time path planning and obstacle avoidance for RAIS: An autonomous underwater vehicle, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 26(2)216-227, 2001.
- An Experimental Investigation into the Fault-Tolerant Control of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, Journal of Advanced Robotics, 15(5)501-520, 2001.
- Adaptive voltage regulator design for Static VAR Systems, Control Engineering Practice, 9(7)759-767,2001.
- Tracking control for underwater vehicle-manipulator systems with velocity estimation, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 25(3)399-413, 2000.
- Task-space regulation of cooperative manipulators, Automatica, 36(6)879-887, 2000.
- Constrained Least Squares Methods for Parameter Tracking of Power System Steady-State Equivalent Circuits, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 15(3)1073-1080, 2000.
- A survey of robot interaction control schemes with experimental comparison, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 4(3)273-285, 1999.
- The unit quaternion: A useful tool for inverse kinematics of robot manipulators, Systems Analysis, Modelling and Simulation, 35(1)45-60, 1999.
- Stability analysis of a joint space control law for a two-manipulator system, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 44(1)85-88, 1999.
- A Systematic Procedure for the Identification of Dynamic Parameters of Robot Manipulators, Robotica, vol. 17, pp.427-435, 1999.
- Force and position tracking: Parallel control with stiffness adaptation, IEEE Control Systems Magazine, 18(1)27-33, 1998.
- Second-order kinematic control of robot manipulators with Jacobian damped least-squares inverse: Theory and experiments, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2(3)188-194, 1997.
- An adaptive force/position control scheme for robot manipulators, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, 7(2)293-303, 1997.
- Singularity-robust task-priority redundancy resolution for real-time kinematic control of robot manipulators, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 13(3)398-410, 1997.
- Direct and inverse kinematics for coordinated motion tasks of a two-manipulator system, Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 118(4)691-697, 1996.
- Experiments of kinematic control on a redundant robot manipulator with non-spherical wrist, Laboratory Robotics and Automation, 8(1)25-36, 1996.
- PD-type control schemes for cooperative manipulator systems, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, 2(1)65-72, 1996.
- Coping with joint velocity limits in first-order inverse kinematics algorithms: Analysis and real-time implementation, Robotica, 13(5)515-519, 1995.
- Review of the damped least-squares inverse kinematics with experiments on an industrial robot manipulator, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2(2)123-134, 1994.
- Force/position regulation of compliant robot manipulators, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 39(3)647-652, 1994.
- Weighted damped least-squares in kinematic control of robotic manipulators, Advanced Robotics, 7(3)201-218, 1993.
- Estimate of the two smallest singular values of the Jacobian matrix: Application to damped least-squares inverse kinematics, Journal of Robotic Systems, 10(8)991-1008, 1993.
- The parallel approach to force/position control of robotic manipulators, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 9(4)361-373, 1993.
- Reply to ‘Comments on Global task space manipulability ellipsoids for multiple-arm systems, and further considerations’, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 9(2)235-236, 1993.
- Influence of gravity on the manipulability ellipsoid for robot arms, Transactions of the ASME-Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 114(4)723-727, 1992.
- User-defined accuracy in the augmented task space approach for redundant manipulators, Laboratory Robotics and Automation, 4(2/3)59-67, 1992.
- Interaction between non-linear loads and synchronous generators, European Transactions on Electrical Power Engineering, 2(5)279-283, 1992.
- Sensitivity analysis for harmonic evaluation in unbalanced three-phase power system, International Journal of Energy Systems, 12(3)128-133, 1992.
- Redundancy resolution for the human-arm-like manipulator, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 8(3)239-250, 1991.
- Task space dynamic analysis of multiarm system configurations, The International Journal of Robotics Research, 10(6)708-715, 1991.
- Global task space manipulability ellipsoids for multiple-arm systems, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 7(5)678-685, 1991.
inverse kinematics schemes for constrained redundant manipulators with
task space augmentation and task priority strategy, The International Journal of Robotics Research, 10(4)410-425, 1991.
- An efficient pseudo-inverse solution to the inverse kinematic problem for six-joint manipulators, Modeling, Identification and Control, 11(4)201-222, 1990.