Post-Doc Position: Expressions of interest (Date of Publication: 17/11/2020 – Status: active)
Expressions of interest are invited for 1 Post-Doc position to carry out research in the areas of control, robotics, and human-robot-interaction at the LAI Robotics research group, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering of University of Cassino and Southern Lazio (UNICAS), Italy.
The Post-Doc position is in the context of a newly starting 4-year H2020-ICT46 project entitled “CANOPIES – A Collaborative Paradigm for Human Workers and Multi-Robot Teams in Precision Agriculture Systems” whose responsible for UNICAS is Prof. Alessandro Marino, and which will start on 1st January 2021.
What we expect
Candidates should hold a PhD or at least three years of certified research in following areas:
· Robot manipulation: planning and control;
· Cooperative manipulation;
· Human-Robot safe interaction;
· Field robotics with experimental validations.
In addition, candidates should have a track record of high impact international publications and demonstrate enthusiasm for performing both theoretical and experimental research activities. Furthermore, candidates should have strong programming skills in C++, C, Matlab and knowledge of the Robot Operating Systems (ROS).
Responsibilities include: theoretical and experimental research activities, tutorship and mentoring of graduate and PhD students.
Good communication skills in English are required. No knowledge of the Italian language is required.
What we offer
· Position is full-time for one year with possibility to be renewed, and is open to candidates of any nationality;
· The salary is according to UNICAS’s post-doctoral student salary agreement and depends on experience;
· The position offers the possibility to study in a dynamic and international context and research group in collaboration with industries and universities.
How to apply
The reply to this call should consist of an email, sent to email@example.com, containing:
· a detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
· summary of PhD thesis or of at least three years of certified research.
Should any candidate be considered fit for the Post-doc position, a call for applications will be immediately opened. The post-doc appointment is to begin at any time after the starting of the project (January 2021).